I'm back from my Habitat for Humanity Global Village Trip to Buenos Aires and I couldn't feel more fulfilled. I feel grateful. I'm not sad now that the trip is over, instead, I feel educated and empowered. I feel excited. As I try to wrap my mind around the experience, do the math, write my thanks you and put into cohesive sentences, I figured it would be best to start with my Top Ten favorite things about Buenos Aires. Through photos. Here we go.
10. Suckling pig on a spit.
9. Pouring the foundation for an outdoor patio at a senior citizens day facility...
8. and cement mixers.
7. The Tango.
6. The 5 story Habitat for Humanity apartment building…
5. and mastering the art of plastering the walls inside of it.
4. Jacaranda trees and architecture.
3. Volunteers, Habitat families and meeting many local folks from the city.
2. Magical team chemistry (not all present)
1. Ice cream!
Oh and how could I forget?!
Most importantly of course… THE VINO TINTOS! Altos, Don David, Saint Julia… almost any of them as long as it's MALBEC!